Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Just some thoughts

Marriage is a funny thing. There are so many couples that that though they have a great love for each other, there is a disconnect of purpose. One hinders the other from fulfilling their hearts calling thus making both ineffective. Yes there is “love” in the mortal sense but not necessarily a unity of purpose, in a huge way they have not “made one flesh”. The husband lets go of his dreams to please his wife and the wife lets go of her desires in order to please her husband. Thus both meet at an equilibrium of contentment only to never see their potential dreams become a reality but to move on to a stage of monotony in life. Two hearts filled with dreams, two lives with callings from God unite in holy matrimony only to never unite callings and pursue them to the end. Maybe it’s because these callings are not made known before marriage or they simply had not yet formed. This is just an observation that strikes me, I have heard it many times “I would but I have a wife to look after” or “Maybe if I wasn’t married” I seem to see this a lot (or maybe I just notice it more than others) it’s not really regret but more of a restriction. Now I am speaking in light of cross cultural missions but it seems to show up in other things as well. Can there be two human lives completely united in purpose?
Please excuse my cynical way of thinking but it just strikes me funny. This is definitly not true for all couples. And its not like I know much on the subject but it just some things to reflect upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment