Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Pays Pourri




This past Saturday some guys from church invited me to go along to Pays Pourri. Our church here in Fond Parrisien has reached out and is planting a church there so the plan was to go for their communion service.
There were twelve of us all together including two of the deacons from church and two older ladies. I had lot of Haitians tell me how hard the hike was but then at the same time the mountain people hike it no problem, so I didn't know what to expect.
It actually turned out to be not to bad only about 2 1/2 hours up and 1 1/2 hours down.


Once you arrive it is even more beautiful than the hike up. lots of fruit and coffee trees the smell of fresh turned soil and the beautiful view.
The mountain culture is so much different. A more of a peaceful hospitality, simple yet ever grateful. I still admire the simple constant acknowledgement of God. Its not "I'm fine" its "I'm fine thanks to God" or the ever constant "If God wills". And to see someone who (to our country's standards) has nothing, pray with such gratefulness really makes me see the selfishness in man.








Then sings my soul how great thou art

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a camera and can post pictures. It makes up for not being able to be there with you! I'm sure you were glad for a hike! :) That final view was beautiful!

    Love,

    Sis

    ReplyDelete